Just 2 more days

until school starts!

Tuesday May 25, 2010

Today we did 8 hours of Wilderness First Aid and about 2 hours of CPR training.  It was really cool.  Consult manual for everything I learned.  One downside of today was during patient scenarios, my patient just told me what was wrong with her and I couldn’t evaluate and fully practice what I learned.  My reaction to that was to totally half-ass the standing assessment and be annoyed.  It wasn’t a very constructive reaction…I actually got annoyed several times today by some of the other ppl.  Hopefully I learn from these experiences.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

8 more hours of Wilderness First Aid training today and now I’m officially certified!  I also received my CPR card as well.  Tomorrow will be super busy packing up and everything.  We officially start work on Tuesday.  Now I need to come up with some superhero oriented goals…

Thursday, May 27, 2010

This was the last work day of our 10 day hitch.  From 8 to about 1230pm we put up all of our tents and stuff and cleaned up our part of the Hot Shots Base.  We also had a debriefing and a goodbye.  Then our crew drove up to Harrisonburg and shopped for books, pants, and food.  That took a very long time.  We probably didn’t get home until 11pm, but we get to sleep in tomorrow.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Today is our first day off!  We saw a black snake;

I ate a bunch of truffles; I buzzed my hair again;

I was unsuccessful at geocaching because of the abundance of undergrowth; I cleaned a shower and had a bunch of ice cream; then we got to Lake Moomaw and set up camp in the rain.  It’s gorgeous here!

This is officially my first night without service and I miss being able to say goodnight to KC…

Saturday May 29, 2010

Today we visited University of VA in Charlottesville

and Washington and Lee in Lexington.  We also went to Monticello but didn’t get to see it because admission was $22.  Jefferson’s grave was included in that too.  Seeing the African slave graveyard was free though…

Wasn’t persistent enough to go geocaching…A couple of my crew mates started talking about rape in the car and it started to get to me; it brought anxiety and a few memories that I would rather suppress…(painful subject)

I miss him already.  Unless I go into town tomorrow to get my phone charged, I won’t be able to talk to him until I get off my hitch on June 9.  That’s a very long time to not be able to hear his voice or at least be able to imagine it. (as in texting) I’m sure I’ll be fine but it’ll be tough to go through, especially this first hitch.  I can probably say I’ve missed someone like this before but to a far lesser extent.  This is the first time for those feelings to be reciprocated.  Last time I was out of phone service and dating a guy who started to totally ignore me after a while.  He’s told me he would never do that and I believe him but I’m still anxious…It’s just been a long day; I feel like I need to exert myself as a distraction.  I might go for a run in the morning.  I hope I dream about him tonight.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s