Staying up late on a Wednesday! Wooooh!

There’s no trail building tomorrow morning because of the rain, so my bedtime isn’t ten o’clock tonight 🙂

Wednesday June 2, 2010

Today we worked 8 hours on 1 long stretch of trail.

We also got started on  a grade dip on a different section.  A bunch of inmates helped us on parts of the trail we hadn’t gotten to yet, like connecting everything together.  Then we went to a nearby river to wash off.  That was really nice.  I also Euked people in Eucher.  (What was I thinking? haha)  I should play that with people back home…(Trump, renigging, Right and left)  My abdominal area didn’t feel too good today.  Earlier today I was feeling sharp pains, not sure if it’s the work pants putting too much pressure in that area or something else.  Then when I was getting ready for bed my stomach felt really queasy.  I don’t know what it could be.  I hope it doesn’t affect my work tomorrow…

Thursday June 3, 2010

I was worn out today.  I still wasn’t feeling too great and it was really hot.  Towards the end I felt like I was walking around in a stupor; not a good sign.  We worked 8 hours finishing up River Loop Trail.  Then we went to the store (I got ice cream) & then to the river agin.  We checked out tomorrow’s trail; lots of weeds to get rid of.  Laura and I also played Eucher with the guys tonight.  Ian + Adam = annoying.  I need to avoid that situation so it stops bothering me so much.  Also we have to critique each other tomorrow. Great.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Crazy thunderstorms last night and strange lights!  I love sleeping in the rain.  Today’s 8 hour work day was hot but it went by fast.  In the morning we were doing some (pointless) weed whipping against a bunch of grass.  I got really into it, venting some frustration against the grass.  Then I got to use the gas-powered brusher/weed eater.  That was super fun.  It took me awhile to figure out how to turn it on but once I did, I had a blast getting covered in grass and knocking it all over.  We didn’t know how far the trail actually went so I stopped at a pretty random spot.  During lunch we had our critique/feedback session.  It went better than I thought it would.  They all complimented me on my lack of complaints, ability to get things done and calming aura, but they also thought I should be more vocal and less introverted.  I feel that after this feedback session I’m more comfortable around the whole group…I cooked dinner with Patrick today, chickpeas and eggplant stew.  It went well.  I also gave my No More Deaths presentation to the group.  I definitely gave people info that they didn’t know before.  I hope it inspires them to at least tell others or to find out more.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s